The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania hereby calls to submit applications for the implementation of development cooperation projects under the Development Cooperation and Democracy Promotion Programme in 2019.
In accordance with the development cooperation policy guidelines set out in the Inter-Institutional Action Plan on Development Cooperation, adopted by Resolution No. 937 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania on September 21, 2016, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs calls for submission of project applications for the implementation of the following concepts:
- Ukraine (administered by CPMA):
- Support for the implementation of the education reforms envisaged in the EU and Ukraine Association Agreement;
- Support for Ukrainian citizens affected by the annexation of Crimea and the conflict in Eastern Ukraine;
- Capacity building in the field of historical and cultural heritage preservation in Ukraine.
- EU Eastern Partnership Region:
- Support for implementation of law and justice reforms in Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine (administered by CPMA);
- Implementation of the reforms envisaged in the Association Agreements between EU and Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine (administered by CPMA);
- Strengthening the coordination and mutual cooperation in the implementation of Association Agreements between the European Union and Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine (administered by CPMA);
- Strengthening partnership with business contributing towards achievement of United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (administered by CPMA);
- Strengthening democratic processes in the EU neighborhood through dissemination of independent information and strategic communication capacity building (administered by MFA).
- Migration origin and transit countries and regions (administered by CPMA):
- Public education and awareness about development cooperation (administered by CPMA):
A total of EUR 745,000 will be allocated to these projects in 2019.
Submitted project applications must conform to the multilateral and/or bilateral strategic agreements between partner country, EU and Lithuania, and/or development strategies of the partner country.
While evaluating submitted project applications, attention will be paid to the horizontal priorities of development cooperation: strengthening democracy and human rights, promotion of gender equality, especially implementing Women, Peace and Security agenda, promotion of women’s social and economic engagement, environmental protection and fight against climate change. Additional attention will be paid to the way the project transfers Lithuania’s European integration experience to the Eastern Partnership countries and disseminates the above-mentioned experience in the regions undergoing transformation.
Information on the submission of applications for projects, evaluation procedures, implementation and information for providers as well as any other requirements are available in the Description of Procedure for the Implementation of Development Cooperation Activities and Provision of Humanitarian Assistance by State and Municipal Institutions and Agenciesapproved by Resolution No. 278 of 26 March 2014 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania and the Description of the Procedure for the Implementation of the Development Cooperation and Democracy Promotion Programme approved by Order No. V–62 of 17 April 2014 of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania.
List of inessential shortcomings (technical errors) of project applications for the Development Cooperation and Democracy Promotion Programme and Project Implementation Agreement template are available on the website of Central Project Management Agency www.cpva.lt, under the section Lithuanian Development Cooperation/Documents.
Lithuanian and foreign legal persons, organizations, their subdivisions, and individuals are invited to submit project applications. The duration of project implementation may be one or more years.
Applicant must have at least one partner in the country where the project will be implemented. A partner is not obligatory, when the project relates to the promotion of democracy or public information, or if an application for a project is submitted by an entity of the partner country or by an international organization.
We recommend that project applications worth less than 15,000 EUR be primarily submitted to the diplomatic missions of Lithuania, during their calls for proposals which will be announced on their websites in the beginning of 2019.
For advise or clarification on issues related to submission of applications, please contact the Central Project Management Agency at +370 5 219 1348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For advice on applications submitted under the concept No 19, please contact Development Cooperation Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at +370 706 52985 or email@example.com.
Project Applications are filled and submitted in Lithuanian or English through e-form on the Internet. Deadline for the submission of project applications is 28 October, 2018 24:00 (local time).